DEA NATIONAL PRESCRIPTION DRUG TAKE-BACK DAY – OCT. 28, 2017
There will be a statewide drug take-back day on Oct. 28, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Take-back events will be taking place across the state of Tennessee. To find a location closest to you, visit our drop box/take-back event finder tool. If you do not see an event happening in your area, keep checking back. More events will most likely be added as the month goes on.
Substances Accepted at Take-Back Events1
- Unused or expired prescriptions that you legally possess
- Unused or expired medications that were prescribed to a person in your household
Substances Not Accepted at Take-Back Events1
- Illicit drugs, such as marijuana, heroin and LSD
- Insulin syringes or other medical sharps and needles
- Asthma inhalers
- Iodine-containing medications
- Mercury-containing thermometers
If you are unable to attend one of the take-back events later this month, permanent drop boxes can be located in each county. This tool will help you locate the drop box closest to you.
1Source: U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration