The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is scheduled for April 29, 2017, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There are more than 100 take-back events happening across the state of Tennessee. Please use our drop box and take-back event finder to locate the event closest to you. If you have any questions, please fill out our contact form or reach out to your local coalition.
Use the tool to the right of the page or click here to access the finder.
Substances accepted at take-back events:
- Unused or expired prescriptions that you legally possess
- Unused or expired medications that were prescribed to a person in your household
Substances not accepted at take-back events:
- Illicit drugs, such as marijuana, heroin and LSD
- Insulin syringes or other medical sharps and needles
- Asthma inhalers
- Iodine-containing medications
- Mercury-containing thermometers