The holidays are coming up! We hope you are staying warm and healthy during this time. We want to remind you of the importance of prescription drug safety measures as others may be coming over to celebrate the holidays.
- Count your pills every 2 weeks to make sure none are missing
- Lock your pills up, and store them somewhere not easily accessible to others
- Drop any expired or unused prescriptions at a drop box near you. You can find your closest one on our website: https://countitlockitdropit.org/drop-box-finder/
It is also important to know that the holidays are stressful for a lot of people and that you are not alone.
- Give yourself permission to treat holidays like a normal day
- Set realistic expectations for yourself
- Take a step back or delegate if things get too stressful
- Savor the good times
- Remember the basics, like a good night’s sleep
If you need help there are resources out there: https://www.nami.org/help or
Tennessee Helpline: (615) 532-6700
Leave a Reply