This week’s alternative pain relief strategy is chiropractic manipulation!
What is it?
- Practitioners use their hands or a device to apply a controlled thrusted pressure to a joint
- Adjusts and realigns spine or other parts of the body
- Controlled sudden force, that may produce a popping or cracking sound
- Aims to reduce pain and improve mechanical function
What does it help with?
- Low-back pain
- Neck pain
What other treatments might be used?
- Heat and ice
- Electrical stimulation
- Relaxation techniques
- Counseling for lifestyle factors
- Dietary supplements
Ask your doctor is a chiropractic adjustment could work for you and your chronic pain, as an alternative pain relief option. Stay safe, and be well!