Hello to our Count It! Lock It! Drop It! communities!
We are excited to invite you to the Pursuing Wellness: Advocating for Pain Management Alternatives Conference hosted by Count It! Lock It! Drop It! and the Tennessee Department of Health. We wanted to bring together an amazing panel of speakers to cover a variety of topics surrounding wellness and substance misuse for our partners.
When is it?
This is a 2-day conference running from 9:00am-3:00pm (CST) on Tuesday June 22nd and Wednesday June 23rd, 2021. Each day there will be short breaks and a full hour break for lunch.
How much is the conference?
This event is free of charge for CLD Communities. You can also earn up to 7 CPS hours for attending!
What topics will be covered?
- Alternative pain relief strategies
- System level policy changes; including prescribing practices
- Dealing with grief and loss of a loved one
- Grassroots advocacy and community level policy change surrounding alternative pain
Who will be there?
- You (hopefully!)
- Other coalitions in the state of TN and the United States
- Kym Laube, Director of HUGS
- Dr. Ryan Howard, M.D, University of Michigan Physician
- Drew Assini, Mental health professional
- Megan Barry, First female Mayor of Nashville and mother to Max Barry
- Stephanie Strutner (CEO of Prevention Alliance of Tennessee, CADCA trainer, former coalition leader)
- Sherri Marshall, ACE Certified Trainer
- Panel Discussion with a physical therapist, massage therapist and chiropractor
Where will the conference be held?
The conference will be held virtually on Zoom. A few weeks before the event you will receive an email with a link to join the event.
How can I register?
Pursuing Wellness Conference Tickets, Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 9:00 AM | Eventbrite
Please reach out to our team if you have any questions about this event.
Alex Windings –firstname.lastname@example.org or Julia Horan- email@example.com
We look forward to having you join us!
Leave a Reply