In last weeks blog post we highlighted how important it is to stay connected during the uncertain time of COVID-19. To go off that, I found an article with 40 ways to stay connected linked here: https://parade.com/1011597/nicolepajer/ways-to-stay-social-coronavirus/.
Even though it is a long list, I wanted to highlight 10 ideas that I thought I would like to try or hadn’t thought of beforehand.
- Celebrate milestones through virtual hangout (Skype, Zoom, FaceTime)
- Keep up with your workout buddy- set a time for you to both workout and hold each other accountable
- Be extra neighborly- talk at the bottom of your driveways, off your porches
- Volunteer from afar- send encouraging words to those on front lines, sew masks, raising money for those in need
- Write a letter to a friend or family member
- Use Facebook/ Instagram live to share a skill with the world
- Post about your favorite local businesses
- Make some fun future plans with friends
- Meet up for an almost in person meal (eat in cars next to each other)
- Don’t forget about your coworkers- remember how important work life is to our social life, set up weekly phone call/video meetings
Challenge yourself to see the creative ways you can stay connected during this time. Pick some ideas you would like to follow through on and keep a journal on how well, or not well these methods worked for you.
Stay safe! If you need anything reach out!